OCSO Youth Concerto Competition
Encouraging Excellence in Musical Performance
Our next competition (TBD) will be announced here when applicable.
- Students in 7th through 12th grades are eligible to enter, and must go to school in one of the Onondaga County school districts, or in one of the adjoining counties (Oneida, Oswego, Madison, Cortland, or Cayuga). Home schoolers from these districts, as well as students whose music teacher lives in Onondaga County, are welcome to apply.
- The previous year’s winner is ineligible to enter the competition.
- The contestant must play a piece from the Repertoire List. There are no exceptions to this. (please note, the piece does not need to be memorized)
- The contestant must audition in person and provide their own accompanist. No tapes will be permitted.
- Two copies of the scores must be provided for the judges’ use. These must be purchased editions; photocopies are illegal and will not be allowed.
- At the discretion of the judges, contestants may be interrupted or subjected to time restrictions during their competition round.
- The decision of the judges is final in all aspects.
- Contestants may indicate a time preference for the competition which will be honored if possible, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Parents, teachers and friends are encouraged to attend. The day’s events are open to the public.
Please read these regulations carefully and refer to them as you prepare for the competition. You will be notified as to your audition time.
Please direct all questions to our Musical Director, Erik Kibelsbeck (email@example.com)
Download a PDF of the required repertoire.
All submissions must be accompanied by an application fee of $20 (to offset the costs associated with hosting the competition), and be received by OCSO by the aforementioned deadline.
Checks should be made out and mailed to:
“Onondaga Civic Symphony Orchestra”
PO Box 5171
Syracuse, NY 13220.